This content is provided by Brighter Vision, an affinity partner of AAMFT. This information is not necessarily the views of AAMFT and should not be interpreted as official policy.
Building a successful brand for your practice on social media can be one more bridge that connects you to your ideal clients. But it depends on one thing above all else – consistency. Social media unfortunately isn't something you can simply turn on and forget about. You must constantly maintain and update your social media presence, but if you’re consistently putting yourself out there and building your brand on social media, it is a great way to build a positive reputation, attract new clients, and connect with other therapists.
In this blog post, we are going to walk through how to build a social media strategy perfect for your private practice in just 4 easy steps.
Step 1: Decide What Kind of Content You Want to Post
With so many different ways to engage with your ideal client on social media, we've compiled some of favorites to get you started:
- Share links to posts from your website’s blog
- Promote your individual specialty services and include links to those pages on your website
- Raise awareness for a specific mental health day/week/month
- Create a printable freebie (such as a checklist) that your followers can download for free
- Share an inspirational or motivational quote
- Share one of your favorite books you often recommend to clients
- Give your followers a “behind the scenes” look at your practice and its employees
- Answer an FAQ about your industry or the specific services you provide
Step 2: Choose Your Platform & Post Frequency
It's hard to know which social media platforms are the best choice for your practice, especially when there are so many options these days. What we have found is that the majority of private practice owners see their best results from a combination of these 4 staple platforms:
Ultimately it is up to you which of these platforms you use and how many of them you choose to utilize. The best way to make this choice is by finding out which platforms your ideal client is already using and start posting to them first.
Depending on which platforms you choose to utilize, the recommended posting frequency will vary per platform as well as the suggested days of the week and times of day to post to gain maximum engagement. To learn more, check out this post from Brighter Vision’s blog: The Science of Social Media: When to Post for Maximum Engagement.