Please see website for ongoing updates regarding AAMFT events.
Update: It is with deepest regret on behalf of AAMFT, that we must announce the cancellation of the 2020 Leadership Symposium as well as our associated events: AS Refresher Course, Engagement Program Leaders Training Day, and Certificate of Leadership orientation scheduled for March 12 – 14. This decision to cancel is based on the latest developments of the spread of COVID-19 and came only after much deliberation and careful review of the CDC and WHO situation reports. While we are all extremely disappointed not to be moving forward with the event, we do not want to put our members or presenters into a potential harmful situation. We recognize that the timing of this decision may inconvenience you. However, please know that it was made out of deep concern for the health and well-being of you and your fellow participants.
AAMFT staff will be working together in the coming week to work on refunding registration fees for this event in full. We ask for your patience as we work through this process. In the meantime, please contact your travel agent or airline to cancel your flight and, if you are registered at the Camby or another property in the Phoenix area make sure to cancel that reservation as well. If your travel and/or hotel was booked by an AAMFT staff member, your AAMFT staff contact will handle canceling your flights/hotel and follow up directly with more information. Again, we apologize that we will not be moving forward with these events. Please do not hesitate to contact Dawn Berry, Director of Events, at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
We are proceeding as planned with the following events:
- March 10 – 11: AAMFT Board of Directors Spring Meeting (Modified Schedule)
- March 16 – 19: Fundamentals of MFT Supervision: Airport Courtyard Marriott, Denver, CO
- May 13-17: Minority Fellowship Program Training Institute: Hilton, Arlington, Arlington, VA
- June 24 – 26: Institutes for Advanced Systemic Family Therapy: Marriott Resort Waikiki Beach, Honolulu, HI
- November 12 – 15: 2020 Annual Conference: Swan and Dolphin Resort, Orlando, FL
Cancelled and Rescheduled Events:
- March 12 – 14: 2020 Leadership Symposium: Camby Hotel, Phoenix, Arizona
Health Information and Resources:
In an effort to ensure our response to the Coronavirus is based in facts, not driven by fear, we are closely monitoring and reviewing guidance from global, federal and local health authorities to implement what is needed for the good of our event and our membership. Sources for this information include the following:
- Daily Situation Reports from the World Health Organization (WHO)
- How Coronavirus Spreads – US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Prevention and Treatment – CDC
- Guarding Against Stigma Related to Coronavirus – CDC
- Information for Travelers – CDC
We will also be adding several new health and safety measures for the event including:
- Disinfecting registration counters continuously throughout the day.
- Offering disinfectant wipes near touch screen technology and in each session room for podium and microphones.
We are encouraging participants to follow the guidance of the CDC for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses. These guidelines include:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when sick.
- Cover a cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Questions or Concerns:
Email Dawn Berry, Director of Events at firstname.lastname@example.org.