As details around this week’s tragedies in the U.S. unfold, trauma resources are available to help those needing and those providing care.
The resources below have been generated by MFTs and can help with navigating the emotionally complex areas involved with systemic injustice, trauma, racialized climates, and prevailing fear.
- Resources for MFTs in a Racialized Climate
- Tips for Parenting During Times of Crisis
- Spinning Fear
- Fear and the Family
- The Neuroscience of Fear
- Put the Oxygen Mask on Yourself First- Self Care when Working with the Traumatized
Many MFTs in affected areas are volunteering free or low cost services to those in the community who are struggling. To find a therapist, you can utilize our directory here: Find a Therapist. In addition, these services are available:
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline
- Capitol Area Human Services in Baton Rouge
- Free mental health counseling in Minneapolis at Walk-In Counseling Center
- Low cost/sliding fee counseling services resources provided by Augsburg College Center for Wellness and Counseling in Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Trauma Support Services of North Texas providing services to crime victims
- Community counseling services through the UNT Dallas Community Counseling Clinic